Competent music teachers demonstrate an understanding and application of basic professional and ethical business practices in their studio and classroom management. These practices include establishing operational and financial policies.
A) Ethics and Business Practices
1) List and describe 5 items or concerns that a professionsl music teacher should consider when developing a studio or classroom budget
2) Discuss essentials of a studio policy sheet.
3) Discuss your outline for an interview audition with a beginning student/family member(s) AND a transfer student/family(s) including a list of questions to ask each student/family member.
4) Discuss essential equipent needed for a piano studio.
B) Discuss preparing a student for a competition in terms of the following considerations:
1) musical preparation
2) psychological preparation (before, during, and after the performance)
3) strategies for coping with:a. Memory lapses
b. Lack of musicality
c. Lack of confidence
d. Being selected as the winner
e. Not being selected as the winner.